Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Hourly Pay Range: $18 - $20/hour
The Administrative Assistant position requires a self-motivated, enthusiastic fast learner with a passion for community engagement and relationship building. Managing office operations and supporting the team in the areas of member engagement and event execution are the key areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has excellent time-management skills, and can manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Front line Visitor Center reception and welcoming walk-in visitors and guests; incoming telephone, email, and website inquiries; assembling and distributing relocation/welcome packets.
• Processing mail, email, and correspondence; preparing agendas and taking meeting minutes.
• Ordering and maintaining office equipment and supplies and imprinted promotional items.
• Coordinate contracts and services of contractors, i.e., office cleaning, ground maintenance, IT, telephone, internet, software, refuse removal, etc.; tenant liaison to landlord.
• Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures manual.
• Supporting the team in executing Chamber events, meetings and programs including ribbon cuttings, new member orientations; attending and working most chamber events.
• Maintaining and updating the online community calendar, membership database and website.
• Prepare metric tracking reports to assess progress towards achieving strategic plan objectives.
• Other research, special projects, and administrative duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Intermediate level competence with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent customer service, listening and communication skills; team player
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, flexible, and open-minded; strong follow up
• Competences not required, but a plus: Constant Contact, WordPress, Trello, and Google Analytics
Physical requirements include standing, walking, climbing stairs and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Reliable transportation required.
• 7 paid holidays per year
• 5 paid vacation days first year; 3 paid personal days per year
• 401K plan
• Business mileage reimbursement at the standard IRS rate
• Health insurance benefits not offered.
Email resume or questions to Cherie Nelson, Executive Director at email@example.com by January 26, 2022.
NEW ALBANY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
New Albany Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.