Salary Pay Range: $45,000-$50,000
The Events Coordinator position requires a self-motivated, well-organized administratively savvy person with a passion for community engagement. You will coordinate all aspects of event execution from choosing venues to evaluating success afterwards. The ideal candidate has excellent time-management and problem-solving skills and can manage multiple concurrent projects. Add a shot of enthusiasm and excitement for the job and you’ll be our ideal candidate. The goal is to organize unforgettable events for Chamber members, and people that live, work, or visit New Albany.
NEW ALBANY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The New Albany Chamber of Commerce partners with business, government, and community leaders to promote and sustain a healthy business environment and vibrant community benefitting all who live, work, or visit New Albany. With a focus on business retention, tourism, and advancing community excellence, the Chamber fosters economic growth and business success by advocating pro-business public policies and providing opportunities for community engagement and connection.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Vendor management and negotiation including venues, catering, contractors, photographers, equipment, stage, sound system, entertainment booking.
- Maintain event timelines and project checklists; order event supplies, obtain quotes, track inventory, and run errands (require own vehicle).
- Schedule set up/tear down, equipment delivery/retrieval, schedule event volunteers.
- Coordinate guest registration, ticket sales, seating charts, and event inquiry responses.
- Evaluate event’s success by tracking key metrics.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in administrative, hospitality, customer service, association, tourism, and/or event planning role(s).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service, listening and communication skills; team player.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize and executive multiple projects concurrently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee is required to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods of time, is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, and crouch. May be requested to lift materials of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include reading computer screen and written documents. Majority of duties will be performed in the office during regular business hours. 3-4 events/year require working a weekend day. Occasionally required to work or attend an evening event.
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- 10 paid vacation days annually
- 3 paid personal days annually
- 401K plan matches up to 2% of your salary after your contribution.
- Business mileage reimbursement at the standard IRS allotment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
New Albany Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Email resume to Cherie Nelson, Executive Director at email@example.com