SALARY RANGE: $50,000-$60,000
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events Coordinator position requires a self-motivated, well-organized administratively savvy person with a passion for community engagement. You will coordinate all aspects of event execution from selecting venues to debriefing success post-event. The ideal candidate has excellent time-management and problem-solving skills and can manage multiple concurrent projects.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Vendor management and negotiation including venue selection, catering, photographers, equipment, stage, sound system, and booking entertainment.
- Maintain event timelines and project checklists; order event supplies, obtain quotes, track inventory, and run errands (require own vehicle; mileage reimbursed).
- Schedule set up/tear down, equipment delivery/retrieval, schedule event volunteers.
- Coordinate event social media marketing, guest registration, ticket sales, seating charts, and respond to event inquiries.
Tracking key metrics to evaluate success.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in administrative, hospitality, customer service, association, tourism, and/or event planning roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and attention to detail; plan and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee is required to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods of time, and is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, and crouch. May be requested to lift materials of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include reading computer screen and written documents. The majority of duties will be performed in the office during regular business hours. 3-4 events/year require working a weekend day/evening. Occasionally required to work or attend an early morning or evening event.
- Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day
- 10 paid vacation days annually; 3 paid personal days annually
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan matches up to 3% of your salary after employee contribution.
- Flexible work hours
- Fitness stipend
- Parental leave
NEW ALBANY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The New Albany Chamber of Commerce partners with business, government, and community leaders to promote and sustain a healthy business environment and vibrant community benefitting all who live, work, or visit New Albany. With a focus on business retention, tourism, and advancing community excellence, the Chamber fosters economic growth and business success by advocating pro-business public policies and providing opportunities for community engagement and connection.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
New Albany Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Submit resume here.