Tammy Krings hasn’t practiced industrial engineering since the 80’s when she worked on the B-1 bomber and the Space Shuttle for Rockwell International but you wouldn’t know it to hear her describe the techniques she has used to make her travel management company a success. Following the value chain, mapping the process, and “continuous improvement” are all engineering techniques she has applied to TS24′s operations which has catapulted her agency into the top 10 in the nation.
Her colorful and interesting career path turned to travel at Wagonlit where Tammy served as the Vice President of Account Management. After Wagonlit, she was the consultant in charge of the global integration of Thomas Cook International into the American Express Organization.
Tammy founded TS24 in 1995 anticipating that flexibility and a balance of high touch and high technology would become a requirement for customization of a corporate travel program. Known as an industry innovator, TS24 has brought best-in-class solutions to their clients and has a strong reputation for successfully executing and implementing these solutions.
TS24, a WBENC certified woman-owned business, has received many awards since its inception including:
- The only travel agency in the U.S. with ISO 9001 certification
- ASTA Best Practices Award for Operational Excellence for three consecutive years
- 2011 Silver Magellan Award Winner in the Travel Agency Innovation category
- A TSA Approved Partner by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- No. 1 Woman-Owned Business in Greater Columbus by Business First
- The third largest Diversity Business in U.S.
- One of Columbus, Ohio’s Top Ten CEOs in by Columbus C.E.O. magazine
- Visionary Award by the National Association of Women Business Owners
Tammy serves on a number of corporate and advisory boards including Key4Women, the National Association of Women Business Owners and The Human & Economic Recovery Advisory Committee for the State of Ohio. She is a founding member of Women Impacting Public Policy based in Washington, D.C. and is an active member of Vistage, the world’s largest CEO organization